For new servers, we recommend having:
At least Word 2016 should be installed if you are using linked documents
You will need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 RC, this can be found from this link https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=52685
The latest version of the dot net framework is also required and can be found here: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2088631 from Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8 offline installer for Windows
To install the latest version on the server.
- Download and install the latest version of the connector https://weduc-connector-updates.s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/WeducConnector.x64.Release.246.msi
- Once the installation has been completed go to the services manager on the server and stop the Weduc service
- On the old server go to C:\ProgramData\Weduc\ copy the Weduc Connector folder and its contents to the same folder on the new server
- Start the Weduc service on the server from the services manager
- Open Weduc, and check the SIMS configuration is correct for the new server, you will need to enter the password for the SIMS user even though it might look like it is there, remember to save the configuration BEFORE testing.
- Go to the Weduc configuration and check the settings, the password will again need entering, the default password is Weduc098! remember to save the configuration BEFORE testing.
- Check the sync tasks are functioning on the portal
Please refer to the attached guide for further information.