There is now a third method, which is accessible via the Meals Reporting area in ReachMoreParents.
This method should be helpful if any of the below scenarios affect your school:
- You want to order meals for multiple students at a time, rather than one-by-one.
- You want to order a week's worth of meals at a time, rather than day-by-day.
- You don't want parents to order meals, and you don't want to use the ReachMoreParents register.
- Parents order meals, but you want your admin staff to check for, or fill in, any gaps that may have been missed.
This article contains instructions on how to bulk order and bill meals on a weekly basis, but you can also bulk book and bill meals on a daily basis.
Your school will either use a simple or advanced meal plan. The ability to bulk order and bill meals on a weekly basis is only available for simple meal plans. Click here to check if you are using a simple meal plan.
Please note, any user that wishes to use this functionality will require the role permission 'View and Edit Financial / Booking Management Report'. If you're unsure about how to check or set role permissions, click here.
Full instructions can be found below:
1) Log in to ReachMoreParents.
2) Click on your name in the top right hand corner.
3) Click Reporting.
4) Click Meals Reporting.
5) Click Book meals by week.
6) Select Meal Plan.
7) Select Group.
8) Select Date.
9) Click Refresh.
10) Tick the tick-boxes next to each day that you want to set a dining preference.
11) Select School Meal, Offsite or Packed Meal in the Set dining preferences to drop-down menu.
12) Click Set.
13 a) If you want to apply this dining preference to all students in the group for the days you have ticked, click Set on all preferences. *Please be aware that this will override any existing dining preferences that are set, including those pre-set via a student's School Meal Pattern.*
13 b) If you only want to apply this dining preference to the students that have No Choice on the days you have ticked, click Set only on No Choice.
14) Repeat steps 10 - 13 for any other days and/or dining preferences you want to set.
15) Click Submit.
16 a) If you wish to charge for In School Meals at a later date, or if your school does not charge for meals via ReachMoreParents, either because the school charges for meals via a separate payments system or doesn't charge for meals at all, click Book. If you have only selected Packed Meal or Offsite, click Book.
16 b) If you wish to charge for In School Meals now, click Book and Pay. This option will confirm the meal booking and where applicable will also deduct the necessary funds from the student’s meal purse. If a student does not have enough available funds, then the meal will still be booked but a payment failure error will be displayed in a notification panel at the top of the user table.
17) (Optional) You can export the student’s meal choices to excel by clicking Export and Download.